Inheritance Lost

Quite often I have this gnawing sense of being quite ignorant and lacking the degree of gratitude towards all to whom I owe something...my childhood that I owe to the society where I grew up, parents & others who have showered in values & warmth upon me, the school & the teachers responsible for my liberal education and so on...
It's not just me by the way.

On a broader perspective, in the contemporary culture most [just most!] people don't feel imperative enough to acknowledge what they have inherited from their progenitors, or from the all-encompassing society that has nourished them throughout.This admittedly leads to utter negligence of what has been bequeathed to them, since they are not able to recognize its value, having already possessed that.

A brash freewheeling youth of modern society rising on the waves of consumerism and facing cut-throat competition in every field often doesn't find time (an extravagant excuse!)...or rather doesn't feel important enough to search for his/her roots...

So I believe its equally important that while you aspire to touch the sky, don't forget to acknowledge ppl on the ground whom you have looked up to even for a moment in your journey.And don't blame luck anytime...you may just don't realize when it favored you...and when against, it's quite conspicuous to most unsatisfied grumbling ppl!

Best would be to quote
Subroto Bagchi: "It is about giving back more to life than you take out of it..."

Thank You.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This was nice... but don't be so harsh on today's youth re...

Ek baat batau... I believe more in the Fountainhead philosophy rather than Subroto Bagchi :D