Look Big Boys Fighting.

A search ended in some way, partially. A hidden thirst satiated for a while. Don't know how many minds damn about it, but I had my eyes looking for something of this sort all along since I picked up history books in schools. As näive blokes those days, the fear of teacher sticks made us rote about World Wars Dates and Itinerary...War & Peace, then lull then Peace & War again - Limited War, Freedom War, Civil War, Cold War - so many of them.
Then again the debates in college about what brought the freedom, followed by muted Gandhisim-wont-work-today arguments. I don't wanna get back to the wheel, so lets get to the point...
I don't like just quoting someone else's work to make up a blog post, but this one was compelling...
Here's an article on Non-violence I've pondered upon for a while now. The excerpts copied:

"...It worked with the British; it would not have worked with Hitler, Stalin or Mao Zedong. The African National Congress had to fight a violent liberation war to bring down the apartheid regime.
Non-violence does not work while defending a situation of status quo which is under attack, where the adversary is on the offensive to change the existing order of things. Hitler, Stalin and Mao were attempting to destroy the status quo and replace the existing order with one of their own vision with the use of enormous violence.
Today, bin Laden, Lashkar-e-Taiba and their ISI supporters are out to change the status quo with the use of indiscriminate violence. No non-violent protest would be of any avail against them.
Gandhi did make this distinction. Therefore, against the British Raj defending the status quo, he wisely prescribed civil disobedience as the appropriate strategy of attack. When it came to resisting invaders in Kashmir who were out to change the status quo in Kashmir with the use of violence, he endorsed the use of army to stop them. Gandhi's reply to General Cariappa highlights that philosophically he had not solved the problem of non-violence in defense..."

If this doesn't appear shit to you please see through the full article. Hmm no if you don't bother reaching there wait there's more excerpt, I can't help... I know you all and I are *?# :

"...Pyarelal mentions General Cariappa asking Gandhi a month before the latter's death on the relevance of non-violence to the armed forces.
The general asked: "I cannot do my duty well by the country if I concentrate only on telling troops of non-violence, all the time subordinating their main task of preparing themselves efficiently to be good soldiers. So I ask you.
Tell me, please how I can put this over i.e., the spirit of non-violence to the troops, without endangering their sense of duty?" Gandhi replied, "I am still groping in the dark for the answer. I will find it and give it to you some day". That day, unfortunately, did not come..."

So here we are with something handful, if you agree. Whatever said, read and debated in the dog days seems a bit insignificant now after reading this. I wont put my viewpoint now...and nor do we need Leo Tolstoy with his War & Peace to fathom facts here.
Anyway this piece of Eminem's Stan I remember serves well to end things here...
Sorry for ending things disconnected, you just think.
It late night now and gotta go, and all you my-Pacifist-Brothers sleep happy. Amen.


"...I'm in the car right now. I'm doing 90 on the freeway.
Hey Slim, "I drank a fifth of vodka, ya dare me to drive?"
You know that song by Phil Collins from "The Air In The Night"?
About that guy who could have saved that other guy from drowning?
But didn't? Then Phil saw it all then at his show he found him?
That's kinda how this is. You could have rescued me from drowning.
Now it's too late. I'm on a thousand downers now, I'm drowsy..."

Comments