Things We Didn't Know...

There's a lot many things we don't know about education when we are (were) into baking and toiling our big books for some living in the future. The ignorance can be killing at times to most, for all those life defining turns and moments simply wont take place, and there you are left dragging your life. There is this well written article by noted scriptwriter Jaideep Sahni (Chak De, Khosla Ka Ghosla...):

"I was fifteen years old when I was asked to decide what I was going to do for the rest of my life. I’ve often wondered at the stupidity of this - how can a 15-year-old possibly make such a decision? The second thing I’ve never understood is the way I was asked. I was asked to choose the direction of the rest of my life from science, commerce and arts. Can all the millions of wonderful options in life be classified into three things? ..."

Read the complete story. Just to mention, before Jaideep stumbled upon the scripts and found the writer in him, he has gone through all the same wandering for years, as an ad-man and the next-door IT guy. More about him here.

Way to go, partner.

Comments